Thursday, May 27, 2010

Drag Night

Being told a few weeks earlier that I had to organise the 'Drag Night' - my last night at the Den - I wanted to make it a fun night to remember. Unfortunately, it was also the night that several Rovers couldn't attend, whether I knew about it or not, so that was disappointing. Those who came included Bryn, a Rover originally from Canberra, Chris, Chris (R.A.), Emile, Jordan, Kerry, Stephen E. and I.


My plans changed slightly, so I began with the Powerpoint presentation for the Defence Scouting Badge - a badge which highlights and promotes the partnership between Scouts Asutralia and the Australian Defence Force. I had to talk about my life as part of a Defence family, peacekeeping within the ADF, and visit a military base. In the past I had invited many Rovers to the Enoggera Army Base's pool and gym, and had organised for my Dad, who is a Soldier, to take one of the Rovers on a tour of the base.


By the time I had finished my presentation and answered questions, I shared a plate of fairy bread my mum kindly made for everyone! I made the guys dress-up in various outfits because it's funnier to see males dressed-up as females and not the other way around. But I wore a sparkly top in order to be slightly more flamboyant!



I bought a TV and Playstatrion 2 along, so the plan for the rest of the night was to sing songs on Singstar, as drag queens often like karaoke and performing in front of people. Once Chris (R.A.) and Stephen E. started singing beautifully...everyone got into it! There were many Singstar discs, so some people had a hard time choosing which song to sing!


Emile, as the resident photographer, had brought his camera along so I could get my first and only picture of me in my Rover uniform at the Den. Thanks to everyone who made the night fun, and I'll see you all at the Mardi Gras :P


- Rachel -

No comments:

Post a Comment