Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rachel's Farewell

Having moved to Brisbane and knowing only a handful of people, I joined Rovers as a way to make friends, and to do new things in a new city. I was welcomed with open arms. So when it came time for me to leave, I wanted to repay the kind gestures of the St John's Wood Rover Crew, and some other Rovers I had met along the way, with a farewell party at my house with good food and good entertainment.


The night was themed 'underworld', a suggestion from Stephen E. because I'm from Melbourne, so I included some appropriate props: an orange mango punch with a red 'hand' ice block that was frozen in a plastic glove; 'dirty' money in a cigar box; lines of 'cocaine' (flour); bags of 'marijuana' (parsley); a chalk outline of a body near the front door; and pictures of fallen Melbourne underworld figures.


On offer were a variety of delicious hot food, dips, coctail frankfurts (not cheerios!), and a sandwich ring made by my mum. And entertainment included the Wii, fussball, and live AFL (which was quickly changed to other less interesting shows).


Thanks to the St John's Wood Rover Crew: Chris Go., Chris Gr., Emile, Iain, Jordan, Matt, Peter, Sam, Stephen E.; other Rovers Alex and Michael; and my family Natasha, my mum, and Kathleen.


- Rachel -

No comments:

Post a Comment