Saturday, March 27, 2010

Roventure

The theme of Roventure 2010 was 'Superhero Bootcamp'. Although it took place over the entire weekend, Matt, Sam, Travis and I only attended on Saturday 27th March.


After having breakfast at McDonald's, me completely in costume, we arrived at BP Park, Samford, in time to sign in and make our way to the opening parade. Unfortunately, I was one of few people in costume for most of the day.



As Rovers, we were given bases to run. Our base was called 'Learn to Fly', which meant the Venturers had to 'fly' as far as they could before splashing into the pool. We saw belly flops - ouch! - bombs, high-fives mid-air, and other fancy maneouvres which were all scored out of 10 by the three judges. Travis also entertained everyone with group water aerobics sessions. There is video footage of this out there!


Since it was my first time to BP Park, I asked a Rover from Samford, Michael, who I also work with to take me on a tour and show me the other bases. I kind of wish I was a Venturer on this camp!


That night there was a jumping castle to keep everyone young at heart, and a band called Innerflection playing. I believe one of the band members is a Rover. Sam enjoyed some of their songs, as I noticed from his head-banging and fist-punching actions!


I later saw that on Sunday 28th March, each attendee wore their white Roventure T-shirt and had a coloured paint fight, which made the T-shirts look pretty cool! Definitely seemed like a fun camp!

- Rachel -

No comments:

Post a Comment