Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vigils and Investitures

I have learnt that Rover investitures are somewhat secret to those who have not been invested, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Very late on the night of Friday 23rd April, also the Feast Day of St George, two cars carrying: Rover Advisor and Squiremaster at the time, Chris; Rover Knights, Matt and Stephen; and Rover Squires, Emile, Sam and myself; left SJW Rover Den for the location of three vigils and three investitures.

Hours pass by. Dozens of leeches get fatter.

Just after sunrise on Saturday 24th April with a foggy view over Moreton Bay, two cars carrying: Rover Advisor and Squiremaster at the time, Chris; and Rover Knights, Matt, Stephen, Rachel, Sam and Emile; left with a different view about the Brotherhood.

I'm sure I can speak for Emile and Sam when I say this, that morning we felt very proud of what we had achieved and welcomed the responsibilities ahead of us as Rover Knights and as members of Scouts. And I'm pretty sure Chris was pleased that the Rover Knight numbers had increased by 150% at once!

- Rachel -

No comments:

Post a Comment